At Carus Recovery, we recognize the benefits of individual and group therapies to treat the underlying causes and conditions of addiction. Upon admission, you will meet with our multidisciplinary team to tailor your recovery program to meet your specific needs. Our commitment to sustainable recovery is the driving force behind every therapy program that we offer.
Here are some of the therapies offered at Carus Recovery:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy “CBT”: An effective, evidence-based psychological therapy that digs deep into the negative thought patterns that lead to addiction. Clients, together with one of our licensed clinical therapists will identify unhealthy thoughts and behaviors that lead to substance abuse and replace them with fulfilling and healthy habits. Read more about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Family Therapy: When someone suffers from substance abuse; their loved ones suffer too. Family therapy is a safe forum for clients and their families to face and address the effects of their substance abuse on their loved ones. Family members need healing too. We work with families from the very first call throughout the treatment process. Read more about Family Therapy.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy “DBT”: A type of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), this groundbreaking therapeutic approach allows individuals to work through their intense emotional reactions by normalizing and neutralizing them instead of resisting them. This type of therapy is particularly helpful for people who suffer from addiction and mental health issues, and those with suicidal thoughts or behaviors. Read more about Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
- Breathwork: Breathwork is an intentional, controlled, and rhythmic breathing technique that increases breath rate and oxygen levels in the body. It is shown to reduce the severity of depression and anxiety symptoms, sleep issues, inflammation, and stress, and helps people gain a greater sense of control over their body and emotional reactions. Read more about Breathwork
- Art Therapy: Mindfulness-based art therapy reduces anxiety. This group is one way that we support clients in developing tools to self-regulate. Our art therapy groups are supervised by a registered art therapist, creating a safe space to delve into trauma in a mindful, individualized way. Read more about Art Therapy.
For individuals who need specific trauma-informed or mental health care in addition to addiction treatment, we offer specialized session to achieve their recovery goals.
- Brainspotting: Combining elements of EMDR and Somatic Experiencing. Brainspotting releases experiences and symptoms that are typically out of reach of the conscious mind. Brainspotting is another one on one therapy provided during treatment.
- Trauma Focused Guided Imagery: For treating Trauma and PTSD we also offer Trauma Focused Guided Imagery. builds on the important principles of imagery, and empowers our clients to safely explore their past traumas with more depth and focus, and then to track and transform this inner world in unique and healing ways.
- Narrative Dream Reprocessing (NDR): NDR is very effective in resolving nightmare, sleep paralysis and sleep terrors. NDR works to reverse the physiological imprint of Trauma and helps clients who are stuck in a Trauma Response.
At Carus Recovery, we recognize the benefits of an individualized plan of care. Upon admission, you will meet with our multidisciplinary team to tailor your program to meet your needs. Throughout the assessment process, we collaborate with you to co-create a plan to support your desired outcomes. With up to five individual sessions per week, we integrate mind, body ad psycho-spiritual methodology to attends to your mental health, addiction, trauma, and familial needs.
A Combined Approach
Successful recovery and rehabilitation programs rely on a combination of therapies. Each treatment approach teaches participants new skills for the recovery life, cultivates positive patterns of thoughts and behavior.
For this reason, CARUS Recovery selects the right blend of therapies to suit our guests. Our treatment methods embrace each person’s needs, and our team of trained case managers and counselors treats each participant as a unique individual. At CARUS Recovery, our most important goal is to see our guests thrive.