At Carus Recovery, we know that finding the most suitable drug treatment centers in Los Angeles can make for a stressful and demanding endeavor. We also know that not all treatments are equal and that some are more effective at achieving the optimal results. Unlike other rehab centers, our facility has a more comprehensive approach to rehabilitation – one based on holistic principles.
The importance of music and expressive art therapy
We believe that the time of strictly clinical rehab approaches is behind us. Holistic procedures have made their way into most top rehab centers for Los Angeles, California, music and art therapy being two of them.
Our inpatient facility relies on holistic modalities like these to spice up the treatment and provides extensive mental, emotional, and spiritual benefits. Here’s how these two modalities will help you during your recovery journey:
Music therapy is an alternative practice that promotes dopamine release, relaxation, and a sense of accomplishment. Don’t worry, you don’t need to be a talented musician to join the session since this is not a course. Our inpatient drug rehab center offers music therapy to all patients willing to try something new.
The therapy consists of:
- Listening to music
- Discussing various tunes, melodies, and songs
- Attempting to write songs individually and as a group
- Analyzing lyrics that appeal to most individuals
- Improvising and having fun throughout
Music therapy is part of a holistic rehab system that forms the foundation of our best rehab centers in LA, CA.
Expressive Arts Therapy
Expressive arts is an umbrella-term sheltering several artistic activities, including music, creative writing, drawing, expressive movement, etc. The system is a core feature of our Los Angeles drug and alcohol rehab, aiming to help you:
- Discover or polish your artistic potential
- Gain confidence in yourself
- Take part in pleasurable and relaxing group activities
- Boost your creativity
- Enjoy other patients’ company and interact positively with other people
- Learn how to relax doing things you enjoy
- Meditate and rediscover yourself in a different light, etc.
The best thing about expressive arts is that you don’t need to be proficient in any field that’s part of the therapy. You don’t even need to possess any artistic inclinations. Our therapy is ideal for promoting relaxation, meditation, community, and personal growth.
How rehab treatment works
If you seek to join our inpatient addiction treatment in LA, but you’re unsure how the process works, here’s what to know:
- Everything begins with you calling our facility and explain your situation to our professionals
- The experts will gather data about your condition, discuss the insurance coverage, and make an appointment for clinical assessment
- The evaluation phase will take place at our center and forms the foundation of our patient-oriented treatment
Our drug treatment centers in Los Angeles welcome individuals of all walks of life struggling with addiction-related conditions. You can contact Carus Recovery at 888-616-9065 if you wish to make an appointment or detail your situation and treatment needs. Make the call, set an appointment, and prepare for clinical evaluation and detox today.